Prof. Dr. Michael Dusemond
Michael Dusemond (born in 1961) studied Business Administration, specialising in "Internal Auditing and Fiduciary Management", at the University of the Saarland in Saarbrücken. After graduating as a Diplom-Kaufmann, he was employed, and earned his doctorate, as a research assistant under Prof. Dr. Karlheinz Küting at the University of the Saarland's Institute of Auditing. His activity was informed by a very high level of practical orientation.
After completing his doctorate, Michael Dusemond joined TUI GmbH & Co KG in Hanover as head of group accounting in 1995. In January 2000, he joined the listed mg technologies ag (formerly Metallgesellschaft AG and now GEA Group AG) in Frankfurt, where he was head of the accounting/balancing department.
Dr. Dusemond also performed consulting activities in parallel. In 2006, this involvement culminated in his becoming an independent management consultant as a principal activity (www.md-consultant.de). His clients include companies with global operations, such as MAN AG, Munich, and KION GROUP GmbH, Wiesbaden.
Michael Dusemond also distinguished himself as a lecturer on topics relating to national and international accounting and group accounting at various universities and higher education institutions as well as at numerous seminar events. For example, he has also had repeated teaching contracts at the PFH since 1998. Here, he also developed several distance-learning units and regularly gave on-campus courses.
Work and research interests
- National and international accounting
- Single-entity and consolidated financial statements
- Balance sheet analysis (single-entity and consolidated financial statements)
- Converting accounting policies from German GAAP to IFRS or US GAAP
- Harmonising external and internal accounting
- Reorientation of the organisation structure and processes in accounting/controlling based on company-specific requirements (e.g. also shared services, fast close)
- System mapping and optimisation of accounting and reporting processes
- M&A transactions, purchase price controlling and purchase price allocation
Visions and objectives
- To set up a nationally and internationally recognised institute for international accounting and group accounting
- To expand University partnerships with industrial enterprises and public auditing companies
- To put accounting across as the main instrument of corporate control and resource allocation
- To discover and foster management potential
Questions - always welcome
- Call +49 551 54700453
- WhatsApp Chat +49 172 2644144
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org