Prof. Dr. med. Frank Braatz
Frank Braatz is a specialist in orthopaedic and trauma surgery, physical and rehabilitative medicine and has the additional title "child orthopaedic surgeon". Before taking up a professorship at the PFH, he was head of the Technical Orthopaedics and Infantile Cerebral Palsy Section in the Clinic for Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery at Heidelberg University Hospital. Moreover, he is a founding and executive board member of the Association for Technical Orthopaedics, a member of the Specialist Council of the Federal Association BIV and the German Society for Movement Analysis. He has been conducting research into technical orthopaedics, orthobionics and movement analysis for a number of years now.
After vocational training at the Physiotherapy School of the BG Clinic for Trauma Surgery in Tübingen, he commenced his medical studies in Gießen in 1989, graduating in 1995. After posts at the BG Clinic for Trauma Surgery in Ludwigshafen, the Clinic for General and Visceral Surgery at FSU Jena and the Clinic and Polyclinic for Orthopaedics at the University of Cologne, he joined the Orthopaedic University Hospital Foundation in Heidelberg in 2002. There, he became a specialist in orthopaedics in May 2003. In August 2005, he became a senior doctor, in July 2007, specialist in orthopaedic and trauma surgery and, in December 2012, specialist in physical and rehabilitative medicine.
Work and research interests
- Setting up and establishing an internationally renowned centre for orthobionics in Göttingen
- Setting up a network for training and research in orthobionics
- Training graduates who are able to take independent care of patients and to establish themselves in research and industry terms in the new professional field.
Questions - always welcome
- Call +49 551 54700453
- WhatsApp Chat +49 172 2644144
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org